GU B.Ed entrance result 2017
It is notified for all concerned that the following is the score obtained by the students who appeared for the Entrance Examination for admission to B.Ed. Course under Gauhati University. It is also notified that the result shows only the marks secured by the students who appeared in the examination held on 06-08-2017 and as such it is not the final selection list for admission. The final selection list will be prepared by the respective colleges following the procedure as stated below.
1. All affiliated/permitted and recognized B.Ed. Colleges under Gauhati University will issue separate notification on their own inviting applications for admission in their colleges from the students who appeared in the said entrance test and whose Roll Nos along with the score are to be found in the Score Card enclosed herewith. The applications must be accompanied by the mark sheet and other relevant documents of the qualifying examination for admission in the B.Ed. Course.
2. The final selection list (Merit List) for admission will be prepared by the respective colleges as per Notification issued on 20-07-2017 regarding holding of the entrance test by the undersigned. In particular, proper weightage will be given to marks secured in the qualifying examination. For example, if a student secured 76% in the qualifying examination and 55% in the entrance test, the total score will be 7.6+5.5=13.1. This will determine the rank of the student in the college he/she has applied for admission. Respective colleges are to carry out this exercise after verifying the relevant documents of the students and publish a merit list before the date of admission.
3. Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination is as per the existing NCTE norms.
4. Reservation and relaxation policy will be as per existing G.U. rules.
5. Students can apply for admission to any college/colleges according to his/her choice. However, a student can take admission in one college only.
6. Inclusion of the Roll No and Score in the Score Card does not entitle any one for admission. It is purely provisional and subject to verification and fulfillment of all essential conditions (as per NCTE and G.U norms) and availability of seats in the colleges.
7. The colleges are requested to follow the following timeline for admission.
a) Deadline for completion of admission- 11-09-2017.
b) Sending of status of admission as to how many seats are filled up mentioning the total intake on 14th September-2017 at this email id- firstname.lastname@example.org
c) Submission of the List of admitted students in the Office of the Academic Registrar, G.U. on or before 19-09-2017 for necessary approval.
The colleges are requested to commence the classes from 15th September 2017.
Download GU B.Ed Entrance Result 2017 from the below link